A few weeks ago one of my favorite clients, we’ll call her Barb, walked into my office and reported that after 2 months of her thyroid blood tests being tanked, it was now completely within range. She had returned to her endocrinologist who expected to put her on Synthroid that day, and her doc said – whatever you’re doing, KEEP DOING IT! Would you like to know what she did? I’ll tell you in a few paragraphs.
Signs and Symptoms of Thyroid Issues
The telltale sign of thyroid issues are “insidious onset” – meaning, slow and steady over time. And because the thyroid is involved in regenerating flesh, many symptoms can be linked to it. For example:
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Weight gain
- Puffy face
- Muscle weakness
- Elevated blood cholesterol level
- Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
- Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
- Thinning hair
- Slowed heart rate
- Impaired memory
Weird Thyroid Facts You Probably Never Knew 😊
Why did Homo Sapiens win out over the Neanderthals? What does that have to do with Thyroids? Homo Sapiens have significantly more iodine receptors on our bodies, and iodine is related to intelligence. Homo Sapiens increased intelligence dramatically over the course of a very short 200,000 years, and it is very likely that is due to our MASSIVE iodine receptors! Rrrah!!!
What did we do before Synthroid?
We used glands to heal our thyroids. They worked very well.
What to Check?
The Lab Tests
The non-lab test: take your under-arm (axillary) temperature for 5 days, before any activity. Anything below 97.8 can indicate hypothyroidism, above 98.2 can be hyperthyroidism.
TSH: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. Other abnormal labs to look for: high cholesterol, high serum liver enzymes ACT/ALT, low blood sugar, anemia, low salt. T3 is NOT a good indicator. Here are the numbers to look for.
|Free Thyroxine Index||1.2||4.9|
Ok, back to “Barb.” What did she do to be so successful?
She followed the Longevity Wellness 6-step process. Here’s how we do it:
It is important to be thorough in identifying all the possible complications with thyroids. Here is our process:
- Get Focused:Find out what your body’s healing priorities are, what it needs to do first.
- Get Safe:Identify what’s causing problems in your body.
- Identify stressors. Heavy metals such as mercury have a severe effect on the thyroid and can affect healing, metabolism, and tissue regeneration. Chemicals such as chlorine are also toxic to the thyroid.
- Identify food sensitivities. Gluten, dairy, and soy can be complicating factors, but even carrots or raw broccoli can cause problems. This doesn’t mean these foods are inherently evil! It just means there’s a problem with them in you right now.
- Identify immune stressors, like parasites, fungus, virus, and bacteria. A fungal infection in the kidneys could certainly keep the body from clearing toxins appropriately.
- Get Free: Eliminate those factors from the diet or environment as much as possible.
- Get Clear: Determine which needs to happen next.
- Get Strong: Strengthen the body to assist the healing process. Oftentimes the body needs to be built up FIRST before it’s ready to detox, otherwise it will spiral into a healing crisis.
- Get Clean: Detoxify and SUPPORT. Use herbal supplements and whole food supplements to cleanse the body of the chemicals, metals, foods, parasites, fungus, virus, and bacteria that can be problematic. Allow the cleansing organs and digestive organs some time and assistance to repair and rebuild.
- Get Energized:Identify and clear energetic, emotional, and spiritual blockages. Emotions can get stuck in the body, causing energy blockages. This may manifest in any way ranging from digestive difficulties to even severe diseases like cancer. Energy Evolution, a course created by Dr. Cynthia Clark, teaches how to attend to and clear these blockages.
- Move On: Increase resilience by desensitizing to food and environmental sensitivities.
If you suffer from Thyroid issues, or you know someone who does: you don’t have to keep feeling tired and slow, like you can’t think your way out of a paper bag! Or that you’re stuck with this weight forever.
If you’re ready to make a change and get YOURSELF back, we’re in your corner.